Tuesday 25 July 2017

Glenda's Restaurant

An evening out at Glenda's Restaurant in Hyde Park Square.

I was pretty amped to see Musgrave Gin & more so, the #MusgraveMinis on the bar counter as I arrived. And as I turned around, there was a glass of Lourensford MCC waiting. Now that's how you should be welcomed at any restaurant. 




Before I begin with my review, I will say, portion sizes are small & looking at what they cost you, slightly on the more expensive side.

For my starter, I opted for the seared salmon. Absolutely beautifully plated with various elements to add texture to the meal. Served on wild rice puffs alongside a horseradish cream. I believe that a seared salmon, should be just that. Seared. Mine was slightly more well done, but still tender & full of juice & flavour. The horseradish cream definitely compliments the salmon very well & is definitely not a bad dish to try out. 





For my 1st mains, I decided on the Fillet, which should be served with a cauliflower puree, dauphinoise & braised short rib potsticker. I am pretty sure, the piece of steak that was on my plate was a rump medallion & sadly not fillet. What was supposed to be a medium piece of steak, was more on the rare side of things on the inside & char-grilled on the outside, which didn't make for the best flavour on my palate unfortunately. The plating however is done beautifully & colourful with varying elements that add some more texture to the plate. 





The 2nd mains that I chose, was the Crispy Pork Belly served with a Bacon Veloute & Grilled Pears. Absolutely delicious. Soft & tender pork belly meat with a nice crispy pork crackling of a skin. This was a winner of a dish in my opinion.




Then for dessert, I was the person being different & wanted the Jelly & Custard. Least to say, everyone was jelly about #LloydsJelly. A homemade chai jelly & custard was full of flavours & creamy, but not overpowering. Served with a homemade raspberry ice cream to break the flavours of the chai & finished off with broken meringue. Delicious. I will definitely not mind having one of these again. 





All in all, not a bad night out, except for the mishap with the steak. I would definitely be keen to get back to Glenda's Restaurant to see how some of the other things on the menu are, especially for dinner. I do get the vibe that most people would want to spend their lunch times here. But I would recommend giving it a try for dinner too. 

Glenda's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment